Australian alumina ban disrupts Rusal concrete defoamer prices for chemicals. Patel said. "One possible outcome could be Chinese buyers buying alumina and reselling it through eastern Russian ports." Rusal has a 20% stake in the Queensland Alumina Refinery, which has a capacity of 3.95 million tonnes a year, thus providing Rusal with 790,000 tonnes a year, Patel said. In addition, Rusal's Nikolaev refinery in Ukraine, which has an annual capacity of 1.75 million tonnes, has been suspended due to the conflict, he added. WoodMac said Rusal was also experiencing supply chain problems at its 2 million tonne a year Aughinish refinery in Ireland.
What is a concrete defoamer
Concrete is a stone mixed with water, sand, stones and some chemical additives, if necessary, in a particular proportion. Foaming occurs when concrete is made due to agitation. The appearance of a large amount of foam will lead to a decrease in the strength of the concrete and bring about quality problems.
So, how does foam in concrete form?
1. Concrete is vibrated during the pouring process, and local liquefaction has water analysis and gas floating, and it accumulates in the gathering area to form foam;
2. When mixing concrete, to increase the strength of concrete, a certain amount of chemical additives are often added. Most of these additives contain surfactants, which are easy to generate foam;
3. Air is mixed in during the vibration and stirring process of the equipment to form foam;
4. The steel formwork is too tightly closed, and there is no vent hole. When the concrete is cut, a kind of air pocket is generated, and then air bubbles are formed.
If the foam problem is not solved in time, what harm will concrete foam cause?
1. The generation of a large number of air bubbles causes too many pores on the surface of the concrete, and the phenomenon of a pockmarked surface appears, which affects the surface appearance of the concrete;
2. The production of foam will affect the mechanical strength and construction efficiency, reduce the life of the building, and cause relatively large quality problems;
3. Decrease the corrosion resistance of the concrete structure. Due to a large number of air bubbles on the concrete surface, the adequate thickness of the steel protective layer is reduced, and the carbonization process of the concrete surface is accelerated;
4. Due to the large air bubbles, the cross-sectional volume of the concrete is reduced, resulting in the uncompacted interior of the concrete, thereby reducing the strength of the concrete.
How does the concrete defoamer solve the problem of concrete foaming?
Its mechanism of action is mainly divided into three forms: foam breaking, foam suppression and defoaming. When added to concrete according to the method of use, the chemical components contained in it will reduce the surface tension of water and achieve rapid foam breaking; and it has good compatibility, no oil drift, no precipitation, and no impact on the strength of concrete; at the same time, the applicability is also It is pervasive, and it can quickly break foam and suppress foam for a long time in the environment of strong acid, strong alkali and high temperature.
TRUNNANO is a concrete additives supplier with over 12 years experience in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. We accept payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea.
If you are looking for high quality concrete additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry.
Europe has been facing the gas shortage problem since the second half of 2021. The worsening situation in Russia and Ukraine has reduced Russian gas shipments to Europe, leading to a doubling of European gas prices. Energy shortages have sent electricity prices soaring. For these reasons, it is predicted that the price of the concrete defoamer will continue to increase.
Zinc sulfide ZnS is an inorganic compound, which is a white or light yellow powder with excellent fluorescence effect and electroluminescence function, especially nano-zinc sulfide has a unique photoelectric effect, which is used in electricity, magn…
The zinc stearate liquid is called zinc stearate emulsion. It has a wide range of applications and can be used as a release agent, color retention agent,…