What is Magnesium Nitride
What is Magnesium Nitride?
Magnesium Nitride, is an organic compound with the chemical formula Mg3N2. It's part a cube crystal system. At low temperatures, pure magnesium nutridide is a yellowish-green powder however magnesium nitride, which has part of magnesium oxide impurities can be grayish white.
The molar mass of magnesium nitride is 100.95g/mol. In terms of density, it is 2.712g/cm3. Magnesium nitride dissolves completely in water and acid however it is partially dissolved by the ethanol and ether.
The melting point of magnesium is 1500 degrees. Magnesium nitride, like many metal nitrides water to produce ammonia. It is often used as a catalyst. React with acidic or aqueous nonmetallic oxides and form ammonium salts and magnesium salts.
Magnesium nitride is ceramic in nature. Magnesium Nitride has a high corrosion resistance and dramatically improves the efficiency of production. Magnesium is also a great material for thermal conductivity as well with high corrosion resistance and resistance to temperature. Magnesium Nitride has an additional significance because it serves as a catalyst creation of boron nitrogen.
What Is Magnesium-Nitride Used For?
1. A catalyst used to make the nitride out of other elements with high hardness, high thermal conductivity, wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and higher temperature resistance. The first successful process of synthesis of cubic bore nitride it was the catalyst that was used, magnesium Nitride.
2. It is used for steel with high strength additions to smelting. Magnesium Nitride (Mg3N2) is a substitute for the magnesium that is desulphurized during construction steel Smelting, which can help in increasing the density, strength as well as the bearing force of steel. Additionally, the use of magnesium Nitride (Mg3N2) desulfurizationwill lessen the amount of additives, helping to reduce the production cost of construction steel;
3. Used to prepare special ceramic materials;
4. For the production of a special alloy foaming agent
5. For manufacturing special glass;
6. Crosslinking of catalytic polymers;
7. To reuse nuclear waste;
How do I Make Magnesium Nitride?
At present, the main preparation methods of magnesium nitride include direct reaction method of magnesium powder with nitrogen, the method for resolving carbon with nitrogen in nitrogen plasma flow using a magnesium coil blast method in nitrogen atmosphere low pressure chemical gas technique, self-propagating high temperature synthesis technique, nano magnesium nitride synthesis method, etc.
Recently, G. Soto et al. created amorphous magnesium Nitride films with different ratios of Mg:N on Si substrates within a molecular-nitrogen environment using an application of pulsed lasers. These methods hinder their industrial application due to high cost, long process and complex operation of equipment or the low yield of magnesium nutride.
The direct reaction of magnesium powder in nitrogen has commercial value, the manufacture from magnesium nitride needs greater reaction temperatures and a longer reaction time. Additionally, the form of the particles isn't perfect and easy to agglomerate, that's why they don't meet the demands of industrial-grade quality. NH3 can be decomposed into Nwhich has broken bonds quicker than N2 and the H2 that is decomposed can slow the growth of MgO, which is why ammonia gas can be used as a nitrogen source. Chen Faqin et al. employed liquid ammonia as a nitrogen source to make magnesium nitride powder through direct Nitriding of magnesium powder. The following conclusions can be drawn: By thermodynamic analysis, liquid amonia could react with magnesium powder more readily than nitrogen for the production of magnesium nitride. High-quality magnesium nitride with high purity and uniform powder particles can be made by heating them to 600 degrees Celsius and in ammonia-based atmosphere for 1 hour. It is then heated up to 800degrees, with an ammonia flow rate of 500ml/min as well as the nitriding period of 1 hour.
Magnesium Nitride Mg3N2 powder Supplier
We are a respected chemical material supplier worldwide and manufacturer with over 12 years' experience in the supply of high-quality chemicals as well as nanomaterials. These include silicon powder, nitride powder, zirconium sulfide calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you're searching for high-quality Mg3N2 powder contact us today. contact us and send an inquiry. (email@example.com)